Monday, February 23, 2009

Day 1 of my weight watchers journey

2/23/09
Today started my journey of using weight watchers to lose 35 lbs. I have been off and on diets lately, but today is the day that I commit to doing this 100%. I will not be going to weight watchers meetings, but I will be weighing myself every Wednesday morning. I have a points calculator and a great website that I use that gives all of the points values of foods at restaurants and fast food places. My goal is to lose 1-3 lbs a week. I have calculated my points and I should be eating 23 points a day. I also get the 35 extra points to use anytime I want. I probably will try and eat 18-20 points a day, and save up my unused points for the weekend. Weekends are definitely my downfall so I need to save as many points as I can for them. I will be documenting what I eat everyday and the point value of the foods.

Today:
Breakfast 7:15AM – weight watchers English muffin – 1pt
weight watchers cream cheese – 1 pt
low fat cottage cheese – 1 pt
Snack 10:30AM – pumpkin muffin – 3 pts (This is a weight watchers recipes that I made Sunday night)
Snack 12:30PM – low fat cottage cheese – 1 pt
Lunch 2:15PM – ww smart ones macaroni and cheese-frozen dinner – 6pts
Snack 4:00PM – popcorn (100 calories pack) – 1 pt
Dinner 6:00PM - taco chicken soup - 4 pts
Workout – 30 minutes of weight training – minus 1 pt
Total points = 17

Today was a good first day. It is always hard to change your diet, but it feels good to commit to something. I will be back with an update soon. If anyone has any tips, recipes, or comments, please feel free to post a comment or if any of the recipes that I eat sound good, feel free to ask me to post them.

2 comments:

  1. Hey saw your comment on Logtar's blog. Good start, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheering for you as I know how hard it is to lose weight. You look fine the way you are in these pics but I know everyone has a weight goal. Here's me cheering for you (raw raw raw)

    ReplyDelete